Acheh: The Stavanger Declaration
THE STAVANGER DECLARATION
The following text is the Stavanger Declaration issued by the Executive Committee of the Worldwide Achehnese Representatives Meeting in Stavanger, Norway, at the closing of the 3 day meeting from July 19 to 21, 2002.
THE STAVANGER DECLARATION
Today, Sunday 21 July 2002, representatives of the Achehnese people from all over the world have gathered at the Internasjonal Hus, Starvanger, Norway, for the purpose of reaffirming our ideal and reconsolidating all the strength that we have in determining the future of our struggle for the independence of the nation of Acheh.
In relation to this we have achieved consensus on the official reconfirmation concerning:
· That the name of the State of Acheh is Neugara Acheh (State of Acheh).
· That the name of the Government of Acheh is Peumeurintah Neugara Acheh (The Government of the State of Acheh).
· That the capital of the nation is: Kutaraja (the city now commonly known as Banda Aceh).
· That the Chief of State, Wali Nanggroe, Teungku Dr. Muhammad Hasan di Tiro, has promoted:
- Teungku Malik Mahmood, Minister of State, as the new Prime Miniter of the State of Acheh.
- Teungku Dr. Zaini Abdullah, as also the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- The current Information Officer of ASNLF as the Director General of the Department of Information.
· That the State of Acheh practices the system of democracy.
· That the State of Acheh will conduct surveys on the National Resources within and outside Acheh.
· That Achehnese abroad shall increase diplomatic efforts in order to improve international relations of the State of Acheh especially in the following countries: the Scandinavian nations, the European Union nations, the North American nations, Australia and the Pacific nations.
· That the AGAM forces is now called Tentera Neugara Acheh (Acheh National Armed Forces).
· That the definition of the people of Acheh is determined according to the ius sanguinis principle, while citizenship is determined by both principles of ius sanguinis and ius soli as well as the normal operation of law as usually practiced in democratic countries.
· That the State of Acheh commences the registration of Achehnese worldwide as soon as it is feasible.
· That the State of Acheh sets up an information database open to the public worldwide, as soon as it is feasible.
· That the State of Acheh and its NGOs continue to build cooperation with friendly and neutral NGOs worldwide.
· That the State of Acheh calls on the people of Acheh to increase the level of their education, especially as concerned:
· The National Achehnese Education
· The mastering of English and the language of the countries where they reside.
· The improvement of their knowledge in the fields of diplomacy
· The intensification of their knowledge on human rights.
Prepared and Issued by the Executive Committee of the Meeting of Achehnese Representatives Worldwide.
Stavanger, July 21 2002