Crimean Tatars Commemorate Anniversary of Deportation
On 16 May 2005 a solemn ceremony of the victims of 1944 deportation monument's opening took place in village Kolchughino of Simferopol area.
The monument executed by Crimean sculptor Ilmi Ametov and established at entrance to the village from line Simferopol-Nikolaevka, represents 5-meter Stella made of white alma stone, topped by the Crimean Tatar Tamga (national symbol). On the Stella there are written the words on Crimean Tatar language: "It is good to come back home from foreign land, it is good to burn down for the people", and also date of deportation of the Crimean Tatar people from Crimea - May 18, 1944.
According to Head of Kolchughino rural mejlis Fahri Ismailov who has acted as initiator of the monument's establishment, for creation of the monument it has been spent about 9 thousand hrivnas. "This money has been collected as donations from inhabitants of village Kolchughino, Prudovoye and Ravnopolye which are included in structure of Kolchughino rural council" - F.Ismailov has informed.
Vice-president of the ARC Verkhovna Rada, member of the Mejlis' Presidium Ilmi Umerov, Deputy of the ARC VR, general director of agro industrial combine "Vinogradny" George Tomashek, adviser of Head of the ARC Council of Ministers Vladislav Ermakov, vice-president of Simferopol regional state administration Shevket Abdullaev, Head of Kolchughino rural council Tatyana Nikolaeva, heads of regional and rural mejlises, representatives of the village?s public and also pupils of comprehensive school ?2 with Crimean Tatar language of training have taken part in solemn opening of the monument. Rural head of Kolchughino T.Nikolaeva has expressed gratitude to initiators and to founders of the monument, and also has addressed to inhabitants of the village "not to show blasphemy in relation to monuments".