West Balochistan: HR June Report
The Balochistan Human Rights Group has released its latest human rights report on the situation in Iranian Balochistan. As reported, the situation continues to deteriarate for ethinic Baloch people. The Iranian law and enforcement forces have killed Baloch citizens on a daily basis in extra judicial killings and continues to disseminate insecurity by means of threat, arresting and harassing ordinary civilians in Balochistan. Baloch people who work to earn a living in order to feed their families find themselves jobless and struggling with lack of economic infrastructure in Balochistan. Men and youth are forced to smuggle fuel from Iran to the other side of the Pakistan border in order to earn money, putting their lives in danger. Most of the time, security forces open fire without any warnings directly at the vehicles that are carrying gallons of flammable fuel which most of the time causes death and major causalities.
Below is a newsletter published by the Balochistan Human Rights Group
The Iranian law and enforcement forces kill Baloch citizens on a daily basis in extra judicial killings and continues to disseminate insecurity by means of threat, arresting and harassing ordinary civilians in Balochistan. Baloch people who work to earn a living in order to feed their families are in a situation where there are no jobs and the economic infrastructure in Balochistan is bad. Men and youth are forced to smuggle fuel from Iran to the other side of the Pakistan border in order to earn money and by doing so put their lives in danger. Most of the time security forces open fire without any warnings directly at the vehicles that are carrying gallons of flammable fuel which most of the time causes death and major causalities. The military forces abandon the dead bodies and injured people without any help at the scene of the shooting, resulting in the death of the injured there and then.
Extra Judicial Killings
1. On May 2, 2020, Pakistani military forces opened fire on a Baloch fuel trader in a region of eastern Balochi-stan, killing Seyyed Mohammad Gorgij, the son of Faiz Mohammad, a resident of Gorgij village in Dashtyari.
2. On May 3, 2020, a 35-year-old Baloch prisoner named Mehrdad Naroui died from diabetes as a result from
lack of treatment in Zahedan Central Prison.
3. On Wednesday, May 6, 2020, security forces killed 3 three teenagers, two of whom where brothers in front of their mother and another in a separate raids on their houses. The identities of the victims, Mohammad and Mehdi Pourian, are 18 and 20 years old, respectively, the son of Amir and Daniel Brahovi, 17 years old. Their families registered a case against the military forces but still have no official information about the judicial pro-cess and if they will get justice or not.
4. On Monday, May 18, 2020, two civilians, Fereydoun Malahi and Mohammad Malahi were killed and another sailor, Ali Kheiri, was seriously wounded in a direct firefight at the port of Kalahi in Minab. These people were trading fuel for their livelihood.
5. On May 21, 2020, a sailor named Ali Kheiri from the village of Kargan, was wounded by naval officers in the port of Kalahi on May 19, 2020. He was shot dead by gunmen.
6. On June 21, 2020, Security forces ambushed the village of Kushkordap in order to arrest a person named Shir Mohammad Hamlali, which led to clashes between two military forces named Arman Arbabi and Massoud. These two were killed and another officer, Morteza Asgharian, was wounded. These forces were unable to arrest Shir Mohammad.
7. On May 23, 2020, a Baloch fuel trader named Mansour Bahramzehi, the son of Nazar Mohammad, a former resident of Rask, was killed by Pakistani military forces near the city of Tomb in eastern Balochistan.
8. A Baloch prisoner named Shirahmad Sarani, the son of Shir Ali, died on May 24, 2020, after suffering severe chest pain due to the lack of proper medical facilities in Dozap Prison.
9. On May 29, 2020, a direct shot fired by Ministry of Intelligence agents at a family of three in Shaston killed and wounded them. The identity of the driver of this car is Khaled Sepahi, who was shot after the inspection which caused the death of his son and the injury of Khaled and his wife.
1. On April 30, 2020, three Baloch citizens, Shahdad Malahi, Januk Turkmani, and Yousef Gharibi were arrested in Gohardo Village district of Bandar Abbas. Security forces arrested these three without warrant and their whereabouts are still unknown.
2. On May 4, 2020, Security forces arrested Miri Malahi, a citizen of Kargan district of Minab, without showing a warrant and took him to an unknown location.
3. On May 11, 2020, police raided the entire village of Kargan, district of Minab which resulted in the arrest of Mohammad Malahi, son of Hussein.
4. On May 14, 2020, security forces arrested a Baloch citizen named Mohammad Allah Zehi, son of Khair Mohammad, from Peshamg village district of Sarbaz. Until today no charges had been filed against him.
5. On May 26, 2020, Military forces arrested Abdul Majid Khaneh Abad, a resident of Negor for criticizing the city's municipality for not doing their jobs properly. He was arrested without any warrant and there is no information about his whereabouts. Iranian regime systematic descrimnations against Baloch people, inside Balochistan.
Iranian regime systematic descrimnations against Balcoh people, inside Balochistan
1. On May 2, 2020, residents of the village of Bani Tratam in the Kaleh Ganj-e-Kahnooj district of Kahnooj blocked the road to protest the authorities failure to respond to the lack of adequate drinking water.
2. On May 7, 2020, the Jangalouk slum area inside the city of Chabahar caught on fire for unknown reasons and the homes of hundreds of people were destroyed and turned to ashes. Jangalouk is a famous undeveloped slum area in Chabahar city besides the free zone. Rich government organisations are forcefully removing the residents from Jangalouk and re-possessing the land for their own interest in order to construct buildings for their employees
coming from other areas.
3. On May, 9, 2020, In a tragic incident, Hajira Hussein Bor, a 20 years old girl was brutally stabbed to death by her husband after being beaten up
and forced to drink acid. Her husband was named Isamahil Gamshadzahi. The law of the Islamic Republic of Iran has strengthened the patriarchal cul-
4. On May 10, 2020, a naval vessel in the port of Jashk was targeted by Sepah militia forces that fired missiles, killing and injuring a number of personnel.
5. On May 11, 2020, the security and military forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran attacked the Sefidak area of the city of Dozap and destroyed the houses of some Baloch citizens. According to one of the comrades of these forces, the order for this destruction came from a government order in Tehran.
6. On May 14, 2020, officers from the Kaserkand County Police Intelligence Service raided Saleh Raeis's home and threatened to arrest members of Saleh’s family. The Intelligence Service where met with resistance from family members. Saleh Raeisi had refused to wash an intelligent officer’s blanket for free.
7. On May 21, 2020, the homes of many people in the Cheshmeh Ziarat area of the city of Dozap were destroyed in the presence of a large number of military personnel.
UNPO does not represent its member peoples; it assists and empowers them to represent themselves more effectively. To this end, UNPO provides space on its website where members can present their newsletters. Unless otherwise noted these newsletters are the work of the UNPO members alone and their posting on this website does not imply endorsement of their contents by the UNPO as a whole or any other UNPO member or the UNPO secretariat individually.