Balochistan: Seven Found Dead in Suspected Extra-Judicial Killings
The bodies of seven people identified as missing Baloch people were discovered in the Panjgur and Taftan provinces of the Balochistan region in Pakistan. Many of the deceased have been identified as missing Baloch people and activists. It is highly suspected that they were subjected to torture and were victims of extra-judicial killings at the hands of the Pakistani authorities.
Below is an article published by Balochwarna News:
At least five mutilated bodies have been recovered in Panjgur and Taftan areas of Balochistan on Thursday [25 September 2014].
According to detail four bodies were found in Washbood and Panji Kwahn regions of Panjgur district.
Three of the dead bodies found in Washbood were stuffed into two gunny bags and were decomposed beyond recognition.
They were shifted to Panjgur civil hospital but their identity could not be ascertained until filing of this report.
The fourth body which was discovered in Panji Kwahn, Panjgur, has been identified as that of Ramatullah son of Lal Mohammd.
Separately Levis force discovered another body in Dram BazarTaftan on Thursday [25 September 2014]. The deceased has been identified as Mohammad Khalid son of Yar Mohammd.
It is pertinent to mention that previously several decomposed bodies have been found across Balochistan but due to lack of DNA testing facilities in Balochistan their identification could not be possible.
Samples sent outside Balochistan has never returned leaving families of thousands of abducted Baloch in a limbo about the fate of their loved ones.
Every time a body is discovered, large numbers of the family members of missing Baloch would gather for the identification fearing that it could be the body of their loved ones.
The Voice for Baloch Missing Persons (VBMP) says that more than 2000 previously abducted Baloch activists have been killed under custody by Pakistani security forces and their bodies have been found in different areas of Balochistan.
Pakistani official sources said more than 50 bodies have been found from the beginning of current year. However, Baloch pro-freedom political parties allege that number of dead bodies discovered in 2014 is much higher than what the government claims it to be.
The families of the victims and the Voice for Baloch Missing Persons blame the Pakistani security forces for abducting and killing Baloch activists as part of Pakistan’s ‘dirty war’ in Balochistan.
Two decomposed mutilated bodies were found dumped in Pidarak area of Turbat on Tuesday [23 September 2014]; just days after CM Balochistan Dr Malik hailed his performance and boasted about peace in Balochistan.
According to details the bodies were found in Pidarak 30km away from Turbat town in Balochistan. The bodies were said be around 20 days old and decomposed beyond recognition with multiple bullet wounds.
However, the relatives confirmed the identity of the victims with the help of their clothing and shoes at a nearby hospital.
The victims’ identity has been ascertained as Bahot son of Pir Mohammad and Wali Mohammad son of Yousaf residents of Gwar Kop area of Turbat.
The victims were reportedly abducted from Gwar Kop area few weeks ago.
Another similar mutilated body was recovered in Panjgur area of Balochistan late last week.
On Sunday [21 September 2014] four tortured and bullet-ridden bodies were recovered in Khuzdar and Dera Bugti areas in Balochistan.
Recovery of the bodies has come a days after Balochistan’s CM Dr Malik Baloch claimed that “the security situation in Balochistan has improved with drastic reduction in the recovery of bullet-riddled bodies.”
The recovery of eight bodies in less than three days clearly contradicts the claims of Dr Malik and it illustrates that he is as powerless as the previous CMs of Balochistan before the infamous ISI and military of Pakistan.