Balochistan: 21 Missing Persons Reach Home
While 21 People are returning, still more than 1000 are missing and activists continue to disappear.
Below is an article published by The Nation:
Provincial Secretary for Home and Tribal Affairs Akbar Hussain Durrani has said that 21 missing persons of Balochistan had reached their homes and federal and provincial governments were making joint efforts for the recovery of the rest of the missing persons.
Talking to newsman on Sunday, he informed that government from different sources received names of 992 missing persons including 103 from Asma Jahangir, the Chairperson of the Pakistan Human Rights Commission, 10 from the Chairperson of Defence of Human Rights, Amina Masood Janjua and a list of 150 missing persons from the Baloch Nationalist Front.
The Home Secretary said that government had set up a special cell for gathering of information of missing persons which was also publicised through newspapers asking relatives of missing persons to submit complete documents and information of their missing relatives. He said the special cell set up by Chief Minister Balochistan to entertain the complaints of relatives of missing persons had received 729 names of missing persons from different sources so far.
“Except 66 persons, details of others are incomplete while eight people have reached their homes,” he added. Durrani said according to a list of 42 missing persons received by provincial home department from Supreme Court, 13 people have reached their homes.
He said that Balochistan police had been directed to register FIR of missing persons in accordance with the decision of Supreme Court and assured that government would make all out efforts for the recovery of missing persons. He asked the relatives of missing persons to contact the cell and provide complete information of their missing relatives so that they could be traced easily.
On the other hand Nasrullah Baloch, the Chairman for Voice for Baloch Missing Persons claimed that the number of missing persons from Balochistan runs in the thousands. He alleged that Baloch youth and political activists were still being whisked away.
He said that his organisation had compiled the list of 1200 people with complete details and had sent it to all international human rights organisations. He said his organisation was protesting and holding token hunger strike camps in different parts of Balochistan for early recovery of missing persons.