February 28, 2005
Manifesto of: The Congress of Iranian Nationalities for a Federal Iran- CINFI
Iran is owned and belongs to all its peoples and nationalities, a right that they have been denied or taken away from them.
We understand and feel the national injustice that Iranian nationalities have been subjected to, and therefore, we dearly honor the sacrifices made and the hardships endured by the sons and daughters of Iran for freedom and justice.
We believe that the legitimacy of any government is derived from its peoples – this should be the case in a multi-national and a multi-ethnic country like Iran as well.
Whereas without the participation of all its nationalities to have the opportunity to rule the country and the regions that they live in, achievement of freedom, development and peace is impossible in Iran; we believe the establishment of a federalist system of government on the basis of ethnicity-nationality and geography is the only political mechanism that is enduring, and it (Federalism) allows all Iranian nationalities to realize their aspirations and the exercise of self rule in a framework of a free, united and a democratic Iran.
We the undersigned, organizations that represent major Iranian nationalities, have gathered on the 20th of February to establish and hold the “The Congress of Iranian Nationalities for a Federal Iran”.
We have set the following principles as the basis for future activities and cooperation:
1. That The Islamic Republic of Iran is a totalitarian, anti-democratic and violator of the rights of the Iranian peoples. Hence its removal is the necessary condition for the establishment of a federal democratic government in Iran.
2. Notwithstanding our firm believe in the inallienable rights for the exercise of the rights of self determination in accordance with the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and all pertinent international accords; we desire a federal system of government, on the basis of national ethnicity and geography in a united and an integral Iran.
3. The separation of religion and state.
4. Removal of any gender discrimination and full equality of men and women in every sphere of life: social, political, economic etc.
5. Guarantee of freedom of thoughts, speech and assembly, and freedom to organize social and political organizations: ensure and provide for the equal rights of all citizens and legal enjoyment of these freedoms.
6. Guarantee of social and political equality and justice, and the enhancement of quality of life of all citizens.
7. Establish peaceful relations with all countries on the basis of mutual respect and respect for international norms and accords, and resolution of conflicts employing peaceful means and international law.
8. Combat terrorism and weapons of mass destruction in the region and internationally, cooperate with international endeavors toward achievement of this objective, and in defense of peaceful resolution of regional and international conflicts.
We ask all political organizations and personalities who believe in these principles to join us in CINFI and assist us in fulfillment of our objectives.
1. - Balochistan United Front
2. - Federal Democratic Movement of Azarbaijan
3. - Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan
4 - Balochistan People’s Party
5. - Democratic Solidarity Party of Ahwaz
6. - Organization for Defense of the Rights of Turkmen People
7 - Komeleh- Revolutionary Party of Kurdistan